Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Onions sting

Hai ya, it's been a while since I last update (guilty of self).  Fear not, I am back again.

Well, this post is something about onion as you have noticed from the title.  I don't like onion, as well as garlic and ginger.  I used to not eat any kind of onions, as in eat it cook, raw, smoke, steam, deepfry, and many other methods that you can possible think of with those stinky onions.

When my uncle found out that I do not like to eat onions, he cooks those onions everyday till I learned how to swallow it down.  I still don't like onions though, especially those raw ones with burger.  I do admit that onions do make the meals more appetizing.  It enhance the flavour of the dish.  So, when I cook, I do include them in the dishes. 

'Slaughtering' an onion is not something easy either.  They sting and make your eyes watery.  I remember when I was doing a school project, I came across a piece of newspaper showing some methods to deal with those sting.  Some of them are quite lame, but I am going to include it anyway.
    Hahaha...  I love this little onion head, especially their emoticons. 
The first option is just to use the chopper.  You know the thing that comes with a cup on the bottom, and you can simply put the whole onion in there, then start to press from top down? 
      Picture from verynice2.com
Use a fan to blow the smells away.  Ya, lame too.


Picture googled.

Use candle.  Why candle you might ask.  Well, that's because candle needs oxygen to burn.


Picture from thelittleflavourboxcompany.com  They have lots of other pretty candles for sale.

Last but not least, chew gums.  This will works because you are not breathing from your nose as much when you are chewing gums. 


Even your cat can chew gums nowadays.  Picture googled.

I have personally tried using the chopper and chewing gums.  I use the chopper because I want the onion pieces to be smaller.  So is quicker to just use the chopper.  Chewing gums works for just a little while, if you are not having too many onions to chop. 

Anyway, these are just small tips to get you through your life a little bit easier.  Got to go, ciao. 

Mood:  Headache
Music:  8282 - Davichi

No comments:

Post a Comment